Discover Our Products
Social Welfare Projects
Corporations are part of the community to which they provide employment and sell it products. Corporations realize that they must give back to society a share of what they have earned from it. In pursuance of these principles CBL seeks to support initiatives that have a lasting impact on national progress in general and community support in particular.
Some of the actively pursued social welfare projects supported by CBL are as follows:
- We supported the development of the Herbarium Botanical Garden and Play Area at Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur.
- We also supported the Friends of All Pakistan Women's Association (FAPWA) for building schools and dispensaries for the people of Yousuf Goth, Pariya Goth and Kutchar Kundi near Hub.
- We supported Citizens Police Liaison Committee (CPLC) on various projects.
- We have provided financial assistance to needy cancer patients both at the Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre and the Aga Khan University Hospital.
- We have provided financial assistance to needy patients for eye surgery at Al-Shifa Trust Eye Hospital, Sukkur.
- For the last six years, together with the office of French Consul General, we have been the sole sponsors of Al-Mehran Tibbi Imdad, the only charitable organization creating hospices for the terminally ill poor cancer patients in Pakistan.
- We recently sponsored a three day international symposium on climate change, entitled 'Compatible with Climate Change', organized by Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur in collaboration with Higher Education Commission, Islamabad. Above is a picture of the sponsors and organizers of the symposium, (From left to right) Dr. G. Raza Bhatti, Prof. Dr. Nilofer Shaikh (Vice Chancellor, SALU), H.E. Daniel JOUANNEAU(Ambassador of France), Mr. & Mrs. Hassan Ali Khan & Mr. Pierre Seillan (French Counsel General).
- Mr. and Mrs. Hasan Ali khan visited flood relief camps based in Sukkur along with the factory management to help people devastated by floods. CBL distributed water, milk, biscuits and cooked hot food (deghs of pullao) to the people displaced from their homes. We intend to continue relief work to help our people effected by worst natural calamity in Pakistan's history.